Sunday, May 27, 2012

Sea Queen Dress Form

This was inspired by my dear friend Andrea Villareal. She has a wonderfully witty blog called the Freckled Star. Today we celebrated her Birthday (a month too late but what the hell!) and this is what I made for her out of a paper mache dress form, some wire fencing, acrylic paint, seashells and some wonderful fabric trim for May Arts Ribbon. It's so easy to create for someone when you know their tastes and likes. Happy Birthday Andrea!
{I love the creamy colors with a little hint of metallic teal behind the crackle finish}

{I made a little corsage for her with real miniature seashells, and iridescent glitter on the flowers}

{an my favorite piece! This is a vintage seashell earring I found at Pudgy Beads in Long Beach}

{I just love how this came out, and want to make some more! Thanks Andrea for the inspiration}

2 comments: